Buy honey beans (ewa oloyin)
What is the shelf life of Oloyin beans ?
If properly stored, it can be kept for up to 6-8 months. The best way to store oloyin beans is in the freezer. Simply put it in a nylon bag then inside a tightly covered container , then transfer into freezer. For the beans to retain its original texture, make sure water does not touch it in the freezer.
Calories in oloyin beans
Every 100grams of boiled ewa oloyin (honey beans) contains 110Kcal .
Benefits of honey beans
- Because honey beans is rich in dietary fiber , it is filling and keeps you filled for a while. This is very good for weight loss as it has low fat yet high protein content.
- The dietary fiber contained in honey beans promotes good bowel movement thereby preventing digestive problems.
- It is packed with nutrients that are essential for the body, this makes it very good for pregnant women as well as for individuals battling malnutrition.
- This type of beans is suitable for people with diabetes, providing them with their energy needs without causing a spike in their sugar levels.
- People on low cholesterol diets should consider including honey beans as a regular on their diet as It contains very low cholesterol .
- It has a unique natural sweet taste.
Is honey beans good for weight loss
Yes it is.
Honey beans contains dietary fiber so it is filling and keeps you feeling full for long even when eaten in little quantities . Also, the fat content is low while the protein content is high. Eating foods like this can be very good for weight loss.
Nutritional value of honey beans
Ewa oloyin (honey beans) contains the following nutrients
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Amino acid
How to avoid the gas effect of Oloyin beans
Honey (oloyin) beans is known to contain gas which can cause discomfort when eaten, resulting in bloating , constipation , diarrhea and other digestive problems . To remove the gas effect that can result from eating beans, you can soak it for up to 3 – 6 hours before cooking. You should also drink enough water whenever you eat beans.
What does a paint bucket of ewa oloyin weigh?
A paint bucket of ewa oloyin weighs somewhere between 3.3kg-3.5kg depending on the sensitivity of the scale used
How many dericas of beans can you get from a paint bucket?
A paint bucket of beans contains 5 and half dericas
Reasons to eat beans
– a good source of fibre and water content,this makes you feel fuller faster.
– Digests slowly,keeping you satisfied longer
– low in sugar
– rich in antioxidants
There are 2 common types of oloyin (honey beans) in the market
- Maiduguri Oloyin (honey) beans – This type of oloyin (honey) beans has smaller seeds and is usually sweeter than the Niger oloyin (honey) beans.
- Niger Oloyin (honey) beans – This type of oloyin (honey) beans has bigger seeds than the Maiduguri oloyin (honey) beans, the color of its seeds are lighter than the Maiduguri oloyin (honey) seeds. The Niger Oloyin (honey) beans usually takes longer to cook than the maiduguri oloyin (honey) beans.