Date fruit Nigeria
Date fruit is also popularly refered to as dabinu; it is a natural sweetner than can be used in place of white sugar.
How to make date powder at home
- Wash dry dates to remove any dust and dirt on it
- Dry with kitchen towel
- Deseed the date fruit (remove the seed inside the date fruit by peeling)
- throw out the seed and dry the peeled dates in an oven
- Blend the dried peeled date fruits in the dry mill blender
- After milling, sieve out granules from the powder and blend again to get fine powder, however , you can still use the granules to sweeten some foods so you can store the granules separately if you wish.
Date powder can be used to sweeten tea, pap as well as for baking.