Millet flour okro soup
- Recipe for Millet flour and Okro soup
- Blended Crayfish
- Seasoning cubes
- Stock fish
- Smoked fish (washed, cleaned and deboned)
- Grated Okro
- Chopped Ugwu leaves
- Fresh Rodo
- Fresh Tatashe
- Palm oil (optional)
- Millet flour
Method (for Okro soup)
- Blend tatashe, rodo and onions together.
- Boil stock fish, smoked fish (meat and ponmo together – optional ) with onions, seasoning cubes and salt. Once it cooks to taste, add in the blended pepper mix in.
- Add in few spoons of blended crayfish and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in palm oil and leave to boil for 3 minutes (optional).
- Add in grated Okro and stir in, leave to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chopped ugwu leaves, leave to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Okro soup is ready to be served with Millet swallow (or any other choice of healthy swallow).
Method (for making the millet swallow)
- Mix a little quantity of the millet flour with cold water to form light paste.
- Turn on burner, place a clean pot on it and millet flour paste into it, keep stirring until the paste boils and thickens then slowly add in millet flour (the quantity you add depends on how light or heavy you like your swallow) and stir it in till you get your preferred consistency.
- Keep stirring while it cooks for a little longer and becomes fluffy.
Millet flour is ready to be served!!!
FYI – If you will like a more stretchy feel for the millet swallow you can mix the millet flour with plantain/ wheat flour before cooking.